Tired of being at work 5 days and 40 hours a week? Then working remotely might be something for you. Working remotely gives you more freedom and you determine your own working hours. In addition, you do not necessarily have to work at home, but you can also work in a café in the city or on vacation, for example. It is up to you! In this blog we will discuss the future of working remotely.
The benefits of working remotely
Working remotely has a number of advantages. No one knows whether working remotely is the future, but it is becoming increasingly popular. Below are some of the benefits of working remotely.
- Work where you want it. Choose your own location to work. You can work from home, on vacation or anywhere in the city. Make sure you have all the necessities at your disposal and a good WiFi connection.
- Schedule your own hours. At work you are still dependent on working hours. This is not the case for working remotely. Schedule your own day and set your own times.
- No dress code. Work in clothes in which you feel comfortable. Get to work in your sweatpants or pajamas. Unless you have a meeting.
- Cut back on money. Now that you work from home, you don’t have to travel to work. So you have no petrol costs or costs on a ticket in public transport.
The disadvantages of working remotely
There are of course not only advantages to working remotely. Below are some of the disadvantages of working remotely.
- There is a lot of distraction. Many people want to work from home, but many are easily distracted. Many people are busy with other things than work. For example, many people do odd jobs or do something with their children.
- You have to deal with communication problems. You may be working with people from other countries who are in different time zones. They will probably also have other working hours. It may take longer to get an answer to a question.
- You are often alone. You work remotely and you have no direct contact with colleagues. You no longer have a distraction from the office, but you are in isolation.
How should I work remotely?
When you work remotely on your own, it is sometimes difficult to concentrate. It is therefore quite a challenge to be productive for 8 hours. Therefore, make sure that you plan every day what you will do. It is also useful to propose deadlines here, otherwise you will continue to postpone. Make sure you also have a quiet place to work. A space that you can close off for distractions.
In addition, it is smart to remove distractions. A big distractor is your phone, when you get bored you quickly grab your phone. Put it away or mute your sound. It’s also important to keep your workplace clean so you don’t have the temptation to clean it up. Use these tips and you will immediately notice the difference.