Senior Quality Analyst – Group Benefits at The Hartford
Senior Quality Analyst â Group Benefits
Option for telecommuting
WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS ROLE?
The Performance Guarantee team has an opening for Performance Guarantee (PG) Analyst. The PG Team monitors and tracks Group Benefit (GB) Claim customer commitments known as performance guarantees. The responsibilities of the role include conducting file reviews for all of the core products within Group Benefits (Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Leave and Life) and reporting the results/trends to each claim center.
- Completes timely and accurate audits for GB Performance Guarantees (PG) as assigned by PG Manager.
- Provides feedback highlighting positive trends and areas of development identified during file reviews
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the policy, process and procedures as mandated by GB Claims.
- Communicates audit findings through monthly reporting
- Identifies process inconsistencies and recommends improvements to the GBD Claims Training and Claims Best Practices Departments.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for PG Quality program within specific business units
- Acts as a liaison with Claim Department to ensure compliance with current PG quality program.
- Participates in office and network calibration exercises
- Bachelorâs degree or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of industry-accepted Disability/Life claims policy and procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years of Group Benefits experience with group claims
- Proficient in at least two business areas (STD, LTD, Life/Premium Waiver and Leave Management)
- Working familiarity of all business areas, products and systems (STD, LTD, Life/Premium Waiver and Leave Management)
- Strong assessment skills (critical thinking skills).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and produce in a new role
- Excellent computer, organizational, and prioritization skills. Proficient in Word, Excel, and knowledge of other Microsoft based office programs.
THE HARTFORD BEHAVIORS:
Deliver Outcomes Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
Operate as a Team Player Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
Build Strong Partnerships Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
Strive for Excellence Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job Function: P&C Underwriting Quality
Primary Location: United States
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (11 years)
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Non-exempt
Remote Worker Option: Yes