Senior Research Specialist On-Call at ICF International
Senior Research Specialist On-Call (Job Number:1800000880)
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Fairfax
Senior Research Specialist On-Call
Family Self-Sufficiency Team
Remote Home-Based, US Based
- The Health, Environment, Analytics, Resilience, and Social policy (HEARS) group works to improve the conditions of Americaâs most at-risk populations-reaching out directly to the populations in need, as well as providing strategic consulting support to human services agencies throughout the United States.
- Are you enthusiastic about solving social issues and making a difference in peopleâs lives? This is the place for you!
- The Family Self Sufficiency team (FSS) provides rigorous research, evaluation and technical assistance to address a diverse set of critical social issue areas including employment and workforce programs, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), family self-sufficiency, fatherhood and family support initiatives, and interventions for families in at-risk situations.
- All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
- We are looking for an on-call Research Specialist to enhance our team of labor and workforce research, evaluation, and technical assistance professionals.
- If you have strong experience in research and evaluation, particularly in evidence reviews and designing, implementing and assessing randomized controlled trials (RCTs), quasi-experimental, interrupted time series, and non-experimental designs, this role is made for you.
- Do you have a strong background in translating research and evaluation into practice with concise writing and presentation skills? We want you to apply!
- Review quantitative research to assess the quality of causal evidence.
- Participate and/or lead systematic evidence reviews on identified research in labor and human service related topics.
- Support the design, development and implementation of program evaluations, including research design, data collection and data analysis.
- Develop clearly written materials and presentations that translate research to practice for an array of audiences including researchers, policymakers, and practitioners.
- May serve as lead content specialist on workforce- and/or human service-related topics as needed.
- Prepare and develop a range of technical products as requested across different contract and client needs.
- Develop and serve as content reviewer of a range of products and materials, and other deliverables.
- M.A. in economics, statistics, education, social work, family studies, sociology, or related social services field.
- 5+ years of evaluation and research in subject matter areas around workforce development, worker health and safety, children and families, youth development, postsecondary education, TANF, and/or familial and child well-being.
- Ph.D. in economics, statistics, education, social work, family studies, sociology, or related social services field.
- 3+ years of expertise in supporting and/or conducting larger quantitative analyses to include RCTs, quasi-experimental designs, interrupted time series, and non-experimental analyses.
- 5+ years of expertise in survey instrument design and implementation, sampling plan, and data collection and analysis.
- Experience conducting causal evidence reviews.
- Demonstrated quantitative methodological expertise.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to work both independently and with all levels of staff and partners.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICFtogether for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us aticf.com.