Senior Workers’ Compensation Claim Representative at The Hartford
Senior Workerâs Compensation Claim Representative â 1800882
With over 200 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds.
At The Hartford, keeping promises to our customers means hiring exceptional people. If you are looking for a career where you make a difference in peoples lives, helping them prevail in their time of need, then this is the role for YOU!
As a Senior Workers Compensation Claims Representative you will:
- Plan, recommend, and execute the investigation and disposition of claims consistent with corporate claim standards policies and procedures, and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
- Manage caseload/claims within established performance standards.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Be responsible for successfully managing workers compensation claims.
- Fully engage your exceptional verbal and numerical critical thinking skills; gather information, apply reasoning and draw appropriate conclusions to make sound decisions.
- Plan recommend, reserve and execute the investigation, valuation, disposition and settlement of claims for the California jurisdiction.
- Achieve fair, equitable and timely claim dispositions.
- Properly assess the indemnity, medical and expense exposure of assigned claims.
- Set reserves accurately and in a timely manner.
- Accurately resolve coverage and compensability issues.
- Plan, organize and establish priorities, determine realistic completion dates.
- Develop technical and jurisdictional expertise.
- Maintain current knowledge of claim loss cost containment initiatives, and use them appropriately and consistently with company practices and procedures.
- Identify and initiate mitigation, subrogation and other recovery opportunities on assigned claims.
- Identify fraud indicators and initiate investigation on assigned claims
- Apply general mathematical knowledge and / or financial analysis to achieve results.
- Other duties as assigned.
- P&C insurance claim handling experience required.
- Certification exams and adjusting licenses as required by state.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills working within a dedicated, supportive team.
- Strong focus delivering outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Demonstrated consistent high level of performance and achievement over career span.
- Excellent time management ability.
- Strong desire to launch your career to the next level!
Behaviors at The Hartford:
- Deliver Outcomes Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
This position has the opportunity to be in office or remote.
Pre-Employment Assessment: Once youve applied, a pre-employment assessment will be sent to you via email, assuming you havent previously taken one in the past 6 months. Be sure to check your e-mail regularly for any status updates. To avoid emails from The Hartford being directed into spam, add Careers@TheHartford.com to your contacts.
As a condition of your employment, you must obtain and maintain a State Adjusterâs License to process Property & Casualty Insurance Claims in the states supported by your office. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon the successful passage of the Licensing exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the licensing training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Job Function: P&C Claim Misc Supt Roles
Primary Location: United States
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (11 years)
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Posting: Mar 19, 2018, 3:01:00 PM
Remote Worker Option: Yes