UI/UX eCommerce Designertitel
This is a hands-on, remote, contract UI/UX eCommerce design position.
You'll work directly with our project managers and developers as a user experience expert and advocate. As an eCommerce designer, the two main goals for most your designs will be to help tell a brand's story and promote conversions. Your impact will be highly measurable on client's bottom lines.
You'll participate in internal and external conversations and use wireframes, storyboards, personas, user journeys, full-fidelity designs, and process flows to communicate your vision for the customer. You'll collaborate with engineers to ensure designs are practical and actionable. Then, after your designs have been implemented and deployed, we'll review performance analytics so we can iterate and improve.
Our projects are generally focused around making large, material changes to our clients' sites or designing and developing new sites from the ground up.
BranchLabs is a small but rapidly growing eCommerce consultancy based in the LoHi neighborhood of Denver, CO. We provide eCommerce strategy and implementation services for our clients. Our clients are generally vertically integrated, branded B2C businesses. We help them sell more online, show their brand in the best light, and optimize their backend eCommerce processes.
Our reputation is built on delivering results. We take pride in the work we produce. The products we deliver are high quality inside and out, and they help our clients capitalize on real opportunities. We work closely with stakeholders on our clients' marketing teams, combining their understanding of their customers with our understanding of all things eCommerce. Together, we craft solutions that work for our clients and their customers.
When you start, this is what you can expect to work on.
- Working directly with clients, customers, and stakeholders to understand needs, desires and aspirations for the purpose of guiding design projects
- Frontend, customer-facing designs for common eCommerce pagesâproduct pages, checkout, and more
- More custom frontend brand experiences that help customers understand products and brands
- Mapping out processes to help stakeholders understand and optimize complex processes like international shipping compliance
- Backend process design, ensuring admin UIs enable users to accomplish their goals quickly and efficiently
These are the must haves. Basically: be a UI/UX designer!
- 3â5+ years of digital design experience
- Strong understanding of user experience design
- Ability to produce designs that are reasonable to implement in HTML and CSS
- Experience breaking down user needs into
- Ability to produce engaging and good looking user interfaces
If you fulfill the above and have experience with a few of the below, definitely get in touch.
- Proficient in HTML, CSS, and JS
- Experience producing eCommerce-specific designs
- A portfolio of personal projects (not necessarily design related)
- Experience conducting usability research
- A portfolio of designs in a range of unique styles
Some Notes on Culture
Here are some of our values. They're always being refined based on what works and what doesn't.
- We value clear, concise communication.
- Quality can only be assessed with a clear problem definition.
- Contextâunderstanding our clients and their customersâempowers designers to find better solutions.
- Automating repeatable processes frees up time for more interesting problems.
- No process for process' sake. No meetings for meetings' sake. But there's a place for both.
- Build or use tools to provide predictability and eliminate boring work.
- Designer productivity is hugely dependent on a minimally distracting, supportive environment.